Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

Let's knit together!


I learned how to knit in primary school. The girls learned knitting, crochet, embroidery, sewing and other useful needlecraft twice a week, the boys did woodwork and carpentry. At the time I would have loved to join them, but now I'm delighted to know these practical skills.

In my community people often see me knitting socks during meetings. I have made many socks in my life, so for me this is a no-brainer; something I can easily do whilst still participating in the meeting. People who never knit socks don't understand this: they think it's highly complicated!

More and more people asked me whether I could teach them how to knit or crochet. So every now and then we gather in the lounge with our yarn and needles. We chat, drink tea, I rescue dropped stitches and help out with new techniques. I love it: being creative together feels very connecting and relaxing.

This post was linked in http://www.commonsensehome.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...