Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

Making a bag with my handspun

Just got into a creative space! (You should see my room now)
I've been learning how to spin at a spinning circle in Nairn and I'm enjoying it immensely. Now Patsy, our leading spinster, started off a competition. We all got some fleece (from the Welsh Lleyn sheep) and the idea is to make a bag. Now competitions scare the lot out of me AND I'm just a beginning spinster, so I decided I'll have to impress with something else then my spinning skills :) I have been experimenting dyeing with plants and am crocheting these bit together. I hope they will form a bag someday. The pattern I use is from attic24
The yellow is a second bath with onion skins and the brown is a lichen: Lungwort (Lobaria pulmonaria).
By the way: I switch to English. A bilingual blog is just too much fuss and most Dutch people read English quite well. Maybe I'll change the name of the blog too... Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...