Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

Dandelions are ready to use

Natures is coming back to life again! Dandelions are growing too and now is the time to harvest their roots. Just dig them up, give them a rinse and a brush. You can dry them now by cutting them into small bits and then allowing them to dry on a piece of paper or cloth and store them in a paper bag when they're completely dry.

I made them into tincture
After cleaning the roots, I cut them into small pieces and put them in a jam jar with vodka. The right one is a jar I made earlier, the left is a new one. You can see the change in colour once the good stuff dissolves into the alcohol. I like to use this tincture in spring as a detoxifier and I take ten drops, three times a day. Don't take the tincture longer than six weeks and stop for some time to see how you're doing without.


Dandelion root makes the bile more fluid and it enhances the secretion of bile two to four times! This supports the liver and helps preventing the formation of gall stones. The bitters work great in your digestive system: more saliva, more gastric and pancreas juices, hence a better digestion!

Dandelion is called pisse-en-lit in French, because it increases the flow of urine. And at the same time it strengthens the urinary system. Most diuretic drugs cause a loss of potassium, but dandelion is naturally high in potassium and as such a very balanced and complete remedy. The leaf actually works best on the urinary system, so you can add some of it to your tincture.

Spring is a good time to detoxify and dandelion is a great help: as a tincture, an infusion or eating the young leaves in a salad.

This post was shared on Wildcrafting Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to have a go at this. Dug some roots up yesterday and they're currently soaking in vodka. Can't wait for them to be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. Can never know enough about dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your Dandelions post was nominated for The People's Choice Award. Winners will be announced January 7. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping by from the Wildcrafting Wednesday People's Choice Award Blog post. Congratulations on being nominated for the People's Choice Award. Very interesting post on dandelion roots. I've only used them dried and normally I harvest mine in the fall, which is a pain, since that's the time everything else is also needing to be harvested. I didn't even get to it this year. I'm glad to read your post and find out that I have a second chance once the snow melts. Thanks for that information.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I love dandelion...they are so great for your body! I use a liver tincture with dandelion in it as well. Will be pinning your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to everyone out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this wonderful article. Keep on blogging! And if you have time, try checking out my website blog on herbal tea.www.orbitherbz.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...